Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Scratch Test

The pendant, so beautiful, so bright
Wasn't for me
So I took it to someone
Who I thought could see
The beauty that I saw
But couldn't wear
I thought I was doing good
Until I got there
There wasn't a stamp
To show it was gold
Even though it appeared
And I was told
So a scratch test was employed
The beauty was stolen
The pendant destroyed

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!