Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Words....

Words, my little devils
circle in my head
Pick me, pick me
     they all scream
So I pick one
             OBNOXIOUS
only to find it's meaning
     isn't what I thought
"in the way of harm" does not equal "snob"
     the evil doubles
and the circle expands
into the vortex
cyclone
tornado
wrecking devastation a mile wide
though my world with every turn

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!