Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Missing Traffic

Long drive
Becomes longer still
When the cars stop
You prepare for it
Pack the car full
(such a drain on gas)
Before you start
Then you don't stop
You just keep going
There are no accidents
No mad rush for home
Nothing keeping you from the speed limit
Driving, not stopping
Like you were prepared for

Reset everything now
For the next trip
Not planning for the traffic
No extra sandwiches
Leave the cooler at home
Save the gas
Do not pack for the stopped cars
They don't stop

Or do they?
YES - Longer than ever before
Holiday weekend, both trips

which do I plan for next time?


© 2013 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!