Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hanging On For Dear Life


The tree in my office window holds its dead leaves
Like cherished treasure it doesn't want to put down
Even though the leaves are stagnant, will not grow

The dichotomy of these leaves, so close to
Trees blossoming to life
Playing at a delicate balance, just to show

That life and death are always near
Choose to hold onto the past, dead leaves
Or blossom while letting go



© 2015 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!