Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Red Truck


The red truck crashed through my dreams (again)
Haunting me still
It isn’t what it seems
I hate how I feel
In my dreams the crash
Is full of death and rot
My life has since changed
My view has not
I was left in the dust
And debris of what was
Reminders of it hurts
Mainly because
Breaking glass and exploding bags
Can’t be repaired
Though in my dreams
They have been dared
Crashing through my life
Again and again over time
I want it to go away
I want it here, I’m….
The red truck changed my life
Against my will
Every once in a while it haunts my dreams
Still



© 2015 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!