Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Monday, August 26, 2013

Feeling Old

I stopped keeping up with the Jones'
Because they weren't interesting anymore
Then I stopped paying attention to the Smiths
Because they weren't hard core
Now I am looking around
Boy how the world has changed
Not liking what I am looking at
Everything seems so strange
There aren't any family values
No sense of dinner at 5
Everyone trying to out do another
To prove they are alive
It makes no sense to me
And now I feel my age
I want to put my blinders on
And wait for another way to gauge
The years I have lived
The knowledge I have gained
The morals I share
With the friends I have made

© 2013 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!