Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Watching, Waiting, Hoping, Wanting

Watching TV, some nonsensicle show
About nothing of importance
Nothing I didn't know
Waiting for intelligence
To somehow appear
Within the context of stupidity
Like that commercial for beer
Hoping I don't find
What it is I seek
Because stupidity breeding brilliance
Means our intelligence has peaked
Wanting nothing more than sleep
After my mind has turned to mush
I didn't think about the caffiene
Still keeping me up
Waiting, watching, hoping, wanting
Trying, but not that hard
For something new to happen
Someone new and smart


© 2013 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!