Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Going About It All Wrong

I said, you heard
You hear, I didn't say
Or so I thought
Until today
Apparently, I got it wrong
Trying to hold my tongue
I am trying to remember
But my thoughts jumble together
You say things I said
I don't know whether
I did or not
Was it only a random thought?
Sometimes, I can't get them out
But I think I do
We can't communicate
When neither of us has a clue
I am mad at myself
That you don't see
That I try, but I just don't
When I think I did
I don't say, you don't hear
That is painfully clear
But what I think I say
You don't hear
I'm just going about it all wrong.

© 2013 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved
http://www.amazon.com/author/deannaoaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!