Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Monday, November 19, 2012

Black Friday Is Upon Me

With the holidaze approaching
The world becomes a blur
Of rude people, "black Friday" sales
And parking lots a bit too full
Family gatherings
Too much whine
Calendars full of parties
So many, not mine
I'm wondering how
We find ourselves
Within the onslaught
Of overfull store shelves
Advertisements, capitalism,
And working too many hours
Does it surprise me
That no one stops to smell the flowers
Or appreciate the gifts we receive -
(The ones we don't buy)
Like the fact we breathe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!