Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thru the Woods

We go a bit further than over the hills
And through the woods
Usually uphill both ways
In snow
To get to where we need to be
Sitting in traffic
Fussy
Why do we gather?
To complain to each other
About the lives we lead
Or fail at
About the jobs we do
Or don't
The weather
The changing world around us
Faith, God or lack thereof
Trying to make sense of it all
When we are so connected through
Computers, TV, video conferencing, phones
Why do we still gather?
To energize ourselves
With the energy of others
Both those that charge us up
Or drain us out
Because the exchange of energy
Cannot be replaced
By the machines we make


© 2012 Deanna Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!