Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Never Be Again


Visions of the falling sky, stuck in my head
Filling my mind with all sorts of dread
What will become of us, when the world crumbles apart
(Not all of us are zombie killers at heart)
While I feel, way deep down
That soon the world will be upside down
I don't know we should all prep
(Because some of us aren't adept)
Then the question arises, where to begin
What happens to the children who always win
The ones we never taught to lose
The ones who have everything they pick and choose
With little work, and all the pay
From the government and it's silver tray
Do we keep lifting them higher til our backs break
Because we never thought to take
Them through the school of hard knocks
(and keep them there with heavy locks)
We don't teach them to stand on their own
So they keep falling, even after they're grown
When the world crumbles down, they'll continue to pull
Upon our survival, as they did all through school
Then we will have a feeding frenzy for sure
Because we never taught them to endure
The world as it is, as it was, as it will never be again.


© 2012 Deanna Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!