Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rejection Letter....

I received a rejection letter yesterday. Can't say I am all that surprised, even though I was hopeful about my chances. Funny thing is, I'm not all that disappointed about the letter. I am not crushed, nor does it prevent me from doing what I have been doing my whole life. It is just a letter from a publisher. A letter which tells me that this particular publisher doesn't want to risk their effort (money) on my writing at this point in time. This letter does not tell me that my writing sucks, or that my writing isn't worth reading - it only tells me that this one publisher doesn't want to gamble with me this year. I could try the same publisher next year, or the other zillions of publishers this year, or wait, I could just continue doing what I am doing and publish straight to Amazon....

Yeah, I'm doing that. Screw getting letters. Rejection letters suck, even though I know it isn't me they are rejecting. Besides, it takes months & months to get some of these letters... I don't have time to wait for all 100 before some publisher decides I am worth their time. I am worth my time, so that is where I will be investing most of it.

Better to do it on my own, be "rejected" by those who don't read me, and earn money (even it if is only $0.35) while I am doing it. I don't write for the paycheck anyway, I write because I can't help it. I write because it is the only thing in the world that helps me to understand how I am feeling and why I am feeling it. It helps me get though the ups and downs of life. Even if no one reads a single thing I write, I still write it, because it is a part of me and who I am.

Thanks for reading, I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!