Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Being Cut Off

My smart phone's brain died
My computer left miles away
How am I to communicate
As I do every day?
I find myself reaching
For the phone that doesn't work
Especially when waiting too long
(The guy in front of me - a jerk)
I want the distraction of the internet
Or some texting to be done
Or that stupid bubble game
That I think is so much fun
Anything but being here
In a line alone
Stuck without a thing to do
Without my "smart" phone

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!