Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Writing Something...

I must write every day
Or so all the experts say
But what will I write today?
Please not the same as yesterday
Make it something grand & new
Something no one else can do
Make it read, or green, or blue
Take it from that other clue
Give it a twist, make it smile
Read it, laugh, give it a while
Read it again, then beguile
The essence of writing style
Give the readers a good read
Send it out there, indeed
Bring it back in, at speed
Rewrite, redo, knead
Question all of the motivation
In the midst of innovation
Out of the conversation
That started from writing something.

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Thank you for reading!