Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Clear Path

Sometimes you just need a roadblock
To keep you from doing
That really stupid something,
The one that will be screwing
You for the rest of your life
The roadblock blocks your path
And keeps you in the clear
It holds back the wrath
Of the evil thing you could do
Or the stupid thought
It keeps you out of harms way
And from being caught
So why be angry
For something in the way
It could just be the one thing
That just saved the day

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!