Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fiscal Cliff

Those of us working, can't see past tomorrow
Those of us not working, can't see past today
They throw this term at us
Fiscal Cliff
We don't know what it means
Fiscal is an accounting term; cliff is a terrain
They say we can't survive going over
Our government will go down the drain
We don't know why they fight
We just want it done
Give us some certainty
Come together as one
Before the end of the day
Gather round, give a solution
Don't fight over little stuff
Fix it for absolution
Because if we go over
And we don't survive
You'll be left to blame
Especially if we thrive
The anger is growing
Heavy in the air
Just make it so that we can endure
And live beyond compare


© 2012 Deanna Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!