Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Friday, January 18, 2013

Afterglow

Sitting here listening to "The Truth About Love"
Listening close to the fears
Finding my feelings so closely mirrored
By the music in my ears
Wondering how it has come to be
Trying to find a way
To communicate to that level
Reach everyone in their own way
By the words I type today
Is it that her beat has music
While mine does not
Or are my words kept so well hidden
They can't be found?
Worrying even more, fear the lack of sound
Because I can't add music
No one will hear my pain
A thought then occurs
Do they hear hers, so plain?
She has a great beat masking her hurt
While mine is raw, there, alone
Approach so different, one thing is clear
All we both want is someone to hear
A someone we hold very dear
Someone always near
The one someone we most fear
Losing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!