Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Understanding Prompt

(tweetspeak poetry prompt)

1 - Surely someone, somewhere 
2 - Understands what you're saying
3 - Under your layers of meaning

4 - Past the signs that say "beware"
5 - Along the path you are portraying
6 - With those words intervening

7 - Will start to stop and compare
8 - Their worlds with your conveying
9 - Those very thoughts that go careening

10 - And only then they will dare
11 - Something larger than displaying
12 - Defining a perfect gleaning


(Author's Note: read again in this order: 1,4,7,10 - 2,5,8,11 - 3,6,9,12 for a different poem)

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved