Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Vertigo


The world is spinning out of control
I want it to stop, or at least to slow
Can't focus on what's in front of me
The spin is too fast for me to see
Anxiety grows, fear fast on its heels
Room spinning faster, as if on wheels
The floor falls out from beneath my feet
Soon, gravity and I are destined to meet
Until then, I spin, trying to hold on
To something real, but it is beyond
Beyond anything within my reach
Oh please stop spinning, to the world I beseech!
© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!