Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mending Fences














The fence once put in place
Is falling into disrepair
Left to ponder if it should be fixed
Or if it should be moved somewhere
Far removed from you
In order to rekindle friendship
Our lives have changed so much
There is no longer the hardship
That our friendship couldn't endure
In it's place this sadness
Loss of friendship so pure
Wanting to move the fence
Is first step towards more
Are you be willing to help me
Or do you still abhor
The honesty I gave to  you
Which you asked of me that day
Asking if you wanted truth
Or wanted me to say
What you wanted to hear
Then there is the fence
I built to keep you out
It was my best defense
Against the pain I couldn't fix
The pain you were living
I couldn't help, couldn't face
Couldn't be that forgiving
All I wanted was more for you
Than the ache you embrace
You did what you needed to do
I did the same
Wondering now, as I attempt to mend this fence
Do you still hold me to blame?

© 2012 Deanna Repose Oaks
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!