Reading What I Wrote

Reading What I Wrote

Feed back about my work has been mixed lately, those that liked it read it aloud; those who didn't like it didn't. Once my poems were read aloud, those that didn't suddenly did. So, I post this advice: read my poems out loud, you might just hear something you didn't know was there...

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Friendship Rekindled

Fear of the anger that was once bestowed
Became an electric fence
Where a zillion amps flowed
The fence now gone, destroyed
As if never there
Making us question why we avoid
Our friendship once so strong
Can be that way again
It won't even take that long

Once we decided, it as if no time had passed
Our friendship just as it was
When we saw each other last

2 comments:

  1. It is very true.... I love and miss you. See you when you fly back to Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a vivid portrait, Deanna, of a relationship/friendship resumed...love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!